Riding School "Dūjas"

Address:"Lejasvilnīši", Liepupes pagasts, Limbažu novads
Phone: +371 29479486
The Dūjas Riding School teaches everything about and around horses on a daily basis and regularly trains on the riding field. read more ››

Svētupe lamprey weir

Address:Salacgrīvas pagasts
The lamprey fishery in Svētupe river runs from 1 August to 1 February. When the river freezes completely, the owners not only have to take care of the abalone where they can put in and take out their traps, but also take care that the ice does not break up the supports of the weir and destroy it. read more ››

Wall Paintings in the “Old-Town Hall"

Address:Burtnieku iela 4, Limbaži
Phone:+371 26351433, +371 28622379

Monument to Composer and Author of the Latvia National Anthem Kārlis Baumanis

Address:Cēsu un Dailes ielu stūris
Located at the intersection of Dailes Street and Cēsu Street. The bronze monument was unveiled in 1998 (by sculptors Z. Rapa and J. Rapa). read more ››

Tūja Pier and Tūja Beach

Once upon a time, the only pier or boat slipway like the one in Tūja was from Mangaļsala all the way to Ainaži. read more ››

Limbaži Medieval Castle Ruins and Panorama Tower

Address:Burtnieku iela 7, Limbaži
Phone:+371 64070632
The construction of the castle was started in the first half of the 13th century. From the 15th to the 16th century it had been the residence of Riga’s archbishop. The castle was destroyed during the wars in the 17th and the 18th centuries. Renovation works of the castle ruins were started in 1999. The panorama tower was constructed instead of the castle “gate tower”. A spring flows down the castle mound on the North hillside. read more ››

Limbaži City Museum

Address:Burtnieku iela 7, Limbaži
Phone:+371 64070632
Historical exhibition and exhibition halls have been created in the new castle of the Riga City Council – the building of the castle manor house supervisor constructed at the beginning of the 19th century.

Admission fee: grown-ups 0.60 Ls, pensioners 0.30 Ls, preschool children - free entrance. read more ››

Gates of Love and Friendship

Address:Burtnieku iela 4 (pagalmā), Limbaži

"Center kiosk" - an outdoor showcase

Address:Cēsu iela 1, Limbaži

Fountain "Ball"

Address:Rīgas iela 16, Limbaži

Fountain "Dandelion Fluff"

Address:Jaunās un Zāles ielas krustojums, Limbaži.

Ģildes (Guild) Street

Formed in the 14th century. Lined with buildings at the end of the 18th century and in the 19th century. The house where clairvoyant Eugene Finks once lived is located on this street. The guide, leading a walk around the town also will show, where was a prison on the Ģilde street. read more ››

Transfiguration of Christ Orthodox Church

Address: Klostera iela 8
Phone:+371 64022178
The magnificent church was constructed in 1900 to 1903 in the Neo-Byzantine style according to a three section design. It was formed in the territory of Livonian period monastery. The largest orthodox church in Vidzeme outside Riga. read more ››

Limbaži Evangelical Lutheran Church

Address: Lībiešu iela 2
Phone: +371 29430665
The masonry church buildin was funded by the Riga City Council and built in 1679 - 1680,according to the building master's R.Bindenšu desing. The building suffered fires several times. The church interior houses art works of different styles - pulpit-altar, pulpit, etc. Open for visitors daily during the season ( May - September ). Amonument to th Freedom Fights of Latvia stands in tne church garden. read more ››

Catholic Church

Address:Ceriņu iela 1, Limbaži
Phone: +371 27497288
Built in 1996 ( architects I.Jekele and D. Straubergs ). The first Catholic Church in latvia newly-built after the restoration of Latvia's independence. read more ››

Ķurmrags Lighthouse

Address:Liepupes pagasts
Ķurmrags Lighthouse is located in Ķurmragciems, on the Cape of Ķurmrags Land. Ķurmrags is the most significant cape on the Vidzeme coast of the Gulf of Riga. read more ››

Deer garden "Kārlēni"

Address:Pīlāgkalni, Katvaru pag., Limbažu novads,

The Theatre house and Unity park

Address:Parka iela 7, Limbaži
Phone:+371 29107644
Opened in 1892. A platform was once located here and theatre performances given. Sculptures presented to the city by sculptor K. Baumanis are displayed in the park. The Theatre House is also located here, home of the Auseklis Limbaži Folk Theatre. The statue “Kissers” is displayed the Theatre House (by sculptor O. Šilova). read more ››
Sign up for newsletter

© 2009-2024 Limbaži TIC. All rights reserved. »